Win Client 8 Reports 40,860 Days Since Last Backup?

Recently upgrade to Retrospect Multi-Server 10 Mac, subsequently patched to 10.0.1 (105). Three of my 10 Windows clients are reporting 40,860 days (give or take a few hundred days) since their last backup. All are Lenovo laptops running Windows 7 Pro 32-bit with Retrospect Windows Client 8.0.0 (165). Again, 7 perform normally and show the proper last backup date; 3 are wacky last backup dates.

I've refreshed the settings from the Retrospect Server, I've restarted the client computers/thus the client software, I've toggled the Source/Options buttons with refreshes in between...so far no change.

All mobile clients use proactive backups, which appear to be running normally when the mobile client connects to the network.

Searching the Forum posts I see no other such reports.

Anybody see this or have a suggestion? The affected users get a bit freaked-out when they see the last backup date popup in the Message Area of Win 7.

Thanks for any thoughts on this.

Steven

"40,860 days (give or take a few hundred days)" ago sounds suspiciously like it might refer to 1 Jan 1901 (40860 days is a little less than 112 years). It's possible that that date (or one near it) was chosen as the time epoch for Retrospect, and is the time that uses 0 for its internal representation.

It's clearly not referring to either the Windows time epoch (1 Jan 1601) or the Unix epoch (1 Jan 1970) used in OS X.

ETA: According to perl, 40860 days ago (measured from 18 Jan 2013) is 7 Mar 1901.

For the technically minded: perl -e 'print scalar(localtime(time-40860*24*60*60)), "\n"'

1 Jan 1901 is 40925 days before 18 Jan 2013.

Thanks for the reply, PRL. Interesting thought process on the baseline time epoch used by Retrospect. Checked with one of the the users again today and since her last backup (Tuesday), she no longer sees the crazy 40K+ days since her last backup. It will be curious to know what she'll see if her number of no-backup days goes beyond 7. With baited breath I wait.