File selection rules are not obvious

As has been mentioned here in the past, the file selection rules need work.

Today, I wanted to omit the files in /Users/*/Library/Caches/Safari and /Users/*/Library/Caches/PubSub. I do not want to omit all folders called "Cache" or risk omitting files from my backups because the users have selected unfortunate names. I want to be very specific.

What I found after a little research is that this is not so easy. There is no "wildcard" or regular expression capability in the rules, and due to the changing name of the path components (like the volume name and the user name) it is non-obvious how I do both. It would also be helpful to have a "does NOT contain" rule. With a combination of "contains" and "does not contain", I can build what I need, but without the "does not contain" that's much harder. (impossible?)

What I ended up doing is omitting "folder" "mac path" "contains" "/Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari" and "/Library/Caches/PubSub" This is sufficiently specific that I don't think any random user is going to trip on it, but it is still not strictly correct.