Backups failing - can not access backup set

Ok. There are tapes externally identified as being a member of a backup set. Let us call the set "Thursday". Only one out of the three tapes are identified as a member of the backup set. So I will read in or add the other two tapes into the proper backup set.

I did this for the Tuesday set, and the backups failed, not able to find a backup set even though it was loaded in the tape device (one drive, 10 slots). So is this the proper method? The detail of the tape set identifies the tape drive, etc. The backup script for that day identifies the backup set. The source to be backed up looks fine.

So why with this process will it not find the tapes that are erased and placed into that backup set?

• Like 2

A "backup set" is always the destination for a backup. A backup set has "members", such as tapes or hard drives.

You shouldn't have to add tapes to a backup set manually. When the backup runs, Retrospect will add erased tapes to the backup set when it is needed.

I quote rhwalker.

Please provide:

(1) complete version number of Retrospect

(2) complete version number of Retrospect Driver Update

(3) complete version number of the OS

(4) complete description of hardware being used.

(5) complete description of the steps you are doing

(6) complete description of the problem

• Like 1