(Retrospect 9) How to limit proactive backups to ethernet connections only?

We have version 10.5 running on a OS X 10.6.8 server. We use DHCP reservations to make sure the WIRED interface of each laptop gets the same IP address, and then add the client via Direct IP when adding to Retrospect. This worked great until we got a handful of new 10.9 laptops that use thunderbolt ethernet adapters to connect to the wired network. Now, whenever the wireless network is turned on, the IP addressed visible in the client will change to the wireless IP as soon as the wireless is enabled, and Retrospect will backup the machine over wireless instead of wired. We are now getting clients that Retrospect tries to backup over VPN, which is unacceptable. Since Retrospect 6 we have had the ability to bind the Windows client to a specific interface, how about the Mac? 

Where is the speed threshold setting for Proactive backups set? 

Does Retrospect have a best practices way to backup Mac clients only on wired interfaces now that my DHCP reservation trick no longer works?

Since Retrospect 6 we have had the ability to bind the Windows client to a specific interface, how about the Mac?

Digging up an old thread, but a VERY good question, especially since we've been through a few more iterations of the Mac version. This seems so elementary and useful that I'm quite surprised it still has yet to have been addressed. I think most everybody would want to prefer Ethernet over WiFi. We have the ability in Mac OS X to "order" our interfaces so that one is preferred over another. I don't see why Retrospect Client couldn't regularly query this setting and always attempt to use the "highest" available interface.