Mac OSX 10.8 is now out -- comments from Retrospect on compatibility?

I upgraded to Mountain Lion and now the Retrospect Client 9.0.2 (102) will not turn on. Even changed the Security preferences and tried reloading the client.

I have not seen this problem in the machines I've upgraded. If the client was on prior to the upgrade, it's been on after the upgrade finished...

• Like 1

Gatekeeper requires a new certificate, so all software developers who don't use the App store will need to release a new version with a new certificate. At least that is my understanding. We will add a new certificate in our next release.

And, FWIW -- I did not have to modify GateKeeper settings to launch the 9.0.2 Console on my engine computer --it is currently set to "Mac App Store and identified developers".

Which goes against what your KB article says. Am I missing something?

And, FWIW -- I did not have to modify GateKeeper settings to launch the 9.0.2 Console on my engine computer --it is currently set to "Mac App Store and identified developers".

Gatekeeper only applies to newly downloaded applications (technically, to applications which still have the quarantine attribute). So if you had Retrospect installed before Mountain Lion, and had run it at least once, you don’t need to change Gatekeeper settings.

Actually, you probably could just control-click and choose “Open” — that will bypass Gatekeeper (after a confirmation dialog) without having to change the preference.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, there's a possibility that proactive backups will revert to the schedule in the script. I quite often re-shedule client backups to the early hours of the morning but after a system re-boot the schedules are reset to the last time the client was backed up plus the scripts 'backup sources every' setting.